Here are blocks 7 and 8. Block 7 took a ridiculous amount of time…something like 1.5 hours, yes hours! The fabric was so stretchy. I pieced all 4 sides of the green frame pieces with no problem. I then pieced the top and bottom cream pieces with no problem. I cut the left and right cream pieces to the correct size, but then when I sewed them on somehow I was coming out short. So I removed all those stitches and resewed and it happened again! By the third time I realized that the green fabric was stretching while I sewed which made the block longer than the cream fabric. Once I figured this out I pinned the cream fabric liberally to the green fabric, and then resewed. Boy am I glad that block is done!
8 down and 17 more to go. 🙂
ps: optimized for firefox